Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Next Blog

Every so often I will click through the "Next Blog" button on the top right of the screen, to see what's out there. Occasionally I find something interesting, but more often than not it's shite. Even when you remove all the foreign language and business blogs, there's still alot of shite.

I'm not saying my blog is anything special, but at least it has some content.

Two blogs in particular made me laugh just with the first line. One was called "Crime". Subheader: "What is Crime?" This guy (or girl) then goes on to explain: "When you think of crime, you think someone is killing people, but it-". I stopped there because I was laughing, and laughter at work is completely frowned upon.

The other blog was called "Natural Disasters" or some such. The first post was titled "Earthquakes". Subheader: "What is an Earthquake?". Made me wonder if this same person has set up hundreds of blogs on the most mundane shit you could ever wish to find. I was tempted to leave a comment telling him that Wikipedia has got it covered, but meh.

On both of these blogs, those entries were the only entries. The guys must've got bored, or realised that nobody would ever use these blogs as a point of reference in their research on crime or natural disasters. I was tempted to look at their other blogs (other nuggets of turd might include "Stones. What is a stone?" or "Forks. What is a fork?") but I gave up.

I should get back to work.

6 Comments:

Michael blathered this crap:

Oh you're thiiiiis close to inspiring a comedy blog entry. And I am not a funny guy.

Kav blathered this crap:

I like the way you dealt with the retard in your comments. Go for it. You know you want to.

Michael blathered this crap:

The next blog button provides the most surreal way to traverse cyberspace I've come across yet. There seem to be huge amount of football blogs.... in languages other than English. Can't we find some way to keep football off the internet?

Like your new layout btw. :)

Anonymous blathered this crap:

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Kav blathered this crap:

michael: TYVM

anonymous: please don't.

Anonymous blathered this crap:

I find some information here.