Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ha. I'm so naive.

I was sure that people would flock from around the world to read my first post, that there would be comments go leor for me to sift through....but that was before I surfed through a random selection of blogs and came to realise that 95% of people rarely even get one comment back from their posts.

It's a fairly lonely world, in spite of all our instant communication and digital jazzery. I reckon it's probably no easier to make friends online than it is in real life - you still need to do all the same things as you would offline. It's all about making the effort, isn't it? I mean, if I went and posted a hundred comments across all these blogs I read through, chances are a few of them would reply and we'd get chatting, in much the same way as at work or whatever. After all, it's often completely acceptable to be able to get through the working day without chatting to anyone....but when you do stop to chat, it feels pretty good.

So you never know, I might even leave a comment for someone, some day....when I can be arsed.

2 Comments:

Beckie R blathered this crap:

the thing about getting comments on blogs is that you can't expect people to just come to your blog to comment if they don't know you. You have to reach out and make connections sometimes. take the first step. Very few people are willing to do that. But hey, you might meet some new and interesting people that way. Look, here I am commenting on your blog and you live a quarter of a world away from me!

BTW, you should post a picture of your darling Erin. She sounds soo cute and just a few months older than my Angie.

Kav blathered this crap:

That's good advice beckie ;-)

I might just post some pics of Erin...if I can get them uploaded.